A Numerical Calculation of Arbitrary Integrals of Functions
This paper presents a numerical technique for solving fractional integrals of functions by employing the trapezoidal rule in conjunction with the finite difference scheme. The proposed scheme is only a simple modification of the trapezoidal rule, in which it is treated as an algorithm in a sequence of small intervals for finding accurate approximate solutions to the corresponding problems. This method was applied to solve fractional integral of arbitrary order α > 0 for various values of alpha. The fractional integrals are described in the Riemann-Liouville sense. Figurative comparisons and error analysis between the exact value, two-point and three-point central difference formulae reveal that this modified method is active and convenient.
- Podlubny, “Geometric and physical interpretation of Fractional Integration and Fractional Differentiation,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 5, no. 4, pp367-386. (2002) Math.CA/0110241
- Podlubny, & R. Magin, & I. Trymorush, “Niels Henrik Abel and the birth of fractional calculus,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis. (2017). 20.
- Podlubny, “What Euler could further write, or the unnoticed big bang of the fractional calculus,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis. (2013). 16.
- Podlubny, & M. Tavazoei, & B. Vinagre, & D. Xue, & Y. Chen, & M. Haeri, “A Special Issue in ISA Transactions Fractional Order Signals, Systems, and Controls: Theory and Application”. ISA Transactions (2018). 82. 1.
- S. Chow, “Fractional dynamics of interfaces between soft-nanoparticles and rough substrates,” Physics Letter A, 342(1-2):148–155. July (2005).
- T. Baillie, “Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics,” J Econometrics, 73:5–59 (1996).
- L. Bagley, P. J. Torvik, “A theoretical basis for the application of fractional calculus to viscoelasticity,” Journal Rheol. 27(3):201–210 (1983).
- Panda, M. Dash, “Fractional generalized splines and signal processing,” Signal Process, 86:2340–2350 (2006).
- Mainardi, “Fractional calculus: some basic problems in continuum and statistical mechanics. In:Fractals and fractional calculus in continuum mechanics,” New York: Springer, Verlag. p. 291–348 (1997).
- Feng, A. Liu “Oscillation for a Class of Fractional Differential Equation,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics 7, 1429-1439. (2019).
- Wang, & S. Liu, “He’s fractional derivative and its application for fractional Fornberg-Whitham equation,” Thermal Science. 2016. 54-54. (2016).
- Shilpi and A. Praveen “On New Applications of Fractional Calculus,” Boletim da Sociedade Paranaense de Matematica 37(3):113-118 (2019).
- Tarasov, (2019). “On History of Mathematical Economics: Application of Fractional Calculus,” Mathematics. 7. 509.
- Luo, & J. Wang, & M. Feckan, “Applying Fractional Calculus to Analyze Economic Growth Modelling,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Informatics, (2018). 14. 25-36.
- Li, & Y. Chen, & J. Kurths, “Fractional calculus and its applications” Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society A Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences. (2013). 371. 20130037.
- Hilfer “Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics” Universität Mainz & Universität Stuttgart, Germany. (2000) .
- Kochubei, & Y. Kondratiev, “Growth Equation of the General Fractional Calculus” Mathematics, (2019). 7. 615.
- E. Tarasov, & V. V. Tarasova, "Macroeconomic models with long dynamic memory: Fractional calculus approach," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier, vol. 338(C), pages 466-486. 2018.
- Sun, & Y. Zhang, & D. Baleanu, & W. Chen, & Y. Chen, “A new collection of real world applications of fractional calculus in science and engineering,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. (2018). 64.
- Datsko, & I. Podlubny, & Y. Povstenko, “Time-Fractional Diffusion-Wave Equation with Mass Absorption in a Sphere under Harmonic Impact,” Mathematics. (2019). 7. 433.
- Magin, & B. Vinagre, & I. Podlubny, “Can Cybernetics and Fractional Calculus Be Partners?: Searching for New Ways to Solve Complex Problems,” IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Magazine. 4. 23-28. (2018).
- Machado, & V. Kiryakova, “The Chronicles of Fractional Calculus”. Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis. 20(2), pp. 307-336. (2017).
- Sabatier, & C. Ionescu, & J. Tar, & M. J. Tenreiro, “New Challenges in Fractional Systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering. (2013).
- Hilfer, and Y. Luchko, “Desiderata for fractional Derivatives and Integrals,” Mathematics (2019) 7(2), 149.
- K. RobertoGarrapa, and P. Marina “Evaluation of fractional Integrals and Derivatives of elementary functions: Overview and Tutorial,” Mathematics (2019) 7. 407.
- Kiryakova, “Use of fractional calculus to evaluate some improper integrals of special functions.” AIP Conference Proceedings. (2017). 1910. 050012.
- Agarwal, “Fractional Integration of the Product of Two Multivariables H-Function and a General Class of Polynomials Praveen Agarwal,” Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics Volume 41, 2013, pp 359-374. (2013).
- Yuri Luchko (Eds.),” Basic Theory Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter. (pp. 111–126). (2019).
- J. Tenreiro & V. Kiryakova, & F. Mainardi, & S. Momani, “FCAA-Round Table-ICFDA18,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis. 21. 1151-1155. (2018).
- Liu, & M. Meerschaert, & S. Momani, & N. Leonenko, & W. Chen, & O. Agrawal, “Fractional Differential Equations” International Journal of Differential Equations. 2013.
- S. Uttam Ghosh, , D. Shantanu “Solution of System of Linear Fractional Differential Equations with Modified Derivative of Jumarie Type,” American Journal of Mathematical Analysis. 2015; 3(3):72-84.
- Razzaghi, “A numerical scheme for problems in fractional calculus” ITM Web of Conferences. 20. 02001.
- Tarasov, & S. Tarasova, “Probabilistic Interpretation of Kober Fractional Integral of Non-Integer Order,” Progress in Fractional Differentiation and Applications. (2019). 5. 1-5.
- Diethelm, N. Ford, A. Freed, “Detailed error analysis for a fractional Adams method,” Numerical Algorithms 36:31–52 May (2004).
- Odibat, “Approximations of fractional integrals and Caputo fractional derivative,” J Applied Mathematics and Computation, 178:527-533 (2006).
- H. Mathews, K. D. Fink, “Numerical Methods Using Mathlab”, Prentice-Hall, (2004).
- D. Daniel “Finite Difference Methods in Financial Engineering: A Partial Differential Equation Approach,” Wiley Online Books.
- W. George Hornberger “Introduction to Finite Difference Methods for Partial Differential Equations,” (2005) .
- M.Tai “A Mathematical model for the determination of total area under glucose tolerance and other metaboliccurves,” Diabetes Care 17(2): 152-154 (1994).
Copyright (c) 2019 John Ojima Mamman, Terhemen Aboiyar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Click here for more information on Copyright policy
Click here for more information on Licensing policy