Upgrading of the Crude Yellow Cake to a Highly Purified Form using Tris (2-ethylhexyl) Phosphate in Presence of EDTA or CDTA
Upgrading crude yellow cake was done by 0.05 M Tris 2-ethylhexyl Phosphate / kerosene from 5 M nitrate solution. More than 98 % of uranium extracted after 5 stages of contact, shaking time 5 minutes and volume phase ratio 1/1. Uranium stripping efficiency reached 99 % using distilled H2O, 10 minutes shaking time, (O/A) ratio 4/1 and three stripping stages. The purity of the produced cakes was enhanced by the addition of EDTA or CDTA. The produced cake using TEHP followed by EDTA addition to the stripping solution before uranium precipitation step was the most preferable cake with lower gangues.
- Li, L. Ma, Y. Tian, X. d. Yang, J. Li, Ch. Bai, X. y. Yang, Sh. Zhang, Sh. J. Li, Y. d. Jin: “A catechol-like phenolic ligand-functionalized hydrothermal carbon: One-pot synthesis, characterization and sorption behavior toward uranium”. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 271, pp. 41–49, (2014).
- Tera and J. korkisch: “Separation of uranium by anion exchange”, Analytical chimica. Acta 25(1), pp. 222-225, (1961).
- W.E. Strelow and T.N. van der Walt, T.N.Z.:” Highly accurate determination of trace amounts of uranium in standard reference materials by spectrophotometry with chlorophosphonazo III after complete separation by anion and cation exchange chromatography”, Anal. Chem, 306,(2), pp.110-114,(1981).
- Sulcek and P. Povondra:” Analytische Schnell methodenzuruntersuchung von Metallen und an organischenRohstoffen XVI. PhotometrisheBestimmung von uranspuren in WassennachVorangehenderAbtrennungamchelataustauscher.”Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun, 32, (9), pp. 3140-3148, 1967.
- Brintzinger and G. Hesse:” Kupfer-, Nickel and uranyl Verbindungen der Athylenediaminetetraessigsaure, Z, anorg. allg. Chem. 249,(1), 113-118, in German. Cited in pages: 460-477, 1942
- J. Cabell:” The complexes formed by thorium and uranyl ions with complexones” Analyst. 77, 859-866, 1952
- Přibil, R., and Vorlíček: POUZITI KOMPLEXONU V CHEMICKE ANALYSE, Chem. Listy46, (4), 216-218, (1952); cf. Z. analyt. Chem. 139, 130 (1953).
- Hara and PH. W. West: High frequency titrations involving chelation with ethylene di amine tetra acetic acid: Determination of uranyl ion,Analytica Chimica ActaVolume 12, Pages 285-291, (1955).
- Biswas, P. N. Pathak, D. K. Singh, & S. B. Roy: Comparative Evaluation of Tri-n-butyl Phosphate (TBP) and Tris(2-ethylhexyl) Phosphate (TEHP) for the Recovery of Uranium from Monazite Leach Solution, Separation Science and Technology, (2013), 48:13
- Injarean, P. Pichestapong , P. Kewsuwan and J. Laohaphornchaiphan: “Batch Simulation of Multistage Countercurrent Extraction of Uranium in Yellow Cake from Monazite Processing with 5% TBP/Kerosene " Energy Procedia 56, 129 – 134, ( 2014 )
- E. Quinn, K. H. Soldenhoff, "process for uranium recovery Cyanex 272" Hydrometallurgy, 152, 7-12, (2015).
- E. Nasab, “solvent extraction separation of uranium (VI) and thorium (IV) with neutral organo-phosphorous and amine ligand" Fuel, 116, 595-600, (2014).
- Singh, R. Vijayalakshmi, S.L Mishra, C.K Gupta, "Studies on uranium extraction from phosphoric acid using di-nonyl-phosphoric acid- based synergistic mixtures" Hydrometallurgy, 59,(1),pp. 69-76 , (2001).
- Das, V.A. Juvekar, V.H. Rupawate, K. Ramprasad, R. Bhattacharya, "Effect of the nature of organo phosphorous moiety on co-extraction of uranium (VI) and mineral acids from aqueous solutions using D2EHPA, PC88A and Cyanex 272 " Hydrometallurgy, 152, 129-138, (2015)
- M. Sundaramurthi, G. S Desai, V. M. Shinde, "Extraction and separations studies of Uranium (VI) with tris-(2-ethyl hexyl)phosphate" Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 144,(6), 439-445, (1990).
- K. Mohapatra, D. R. Raut, A. Sengupta: "Extraction of uranyl ion from nitric acid medium using solvent containing TOPO and its mixture with D2EHPA in room temperature ionic liquids" Separation and Purification Technology, 133, 69-75, ( 2014).
- J.F. Goldenberg, C. Abbruzzese:"Extraction of uranium from heap leach liquor with tri-n-octylamine: Equilibrium data and flow-sheet calculations." International Journal of Mineral Processing, 10, 4, 241-254, (1983)
- G. Hellé, C. Mariet, G. Cote, "Liquid–liquid extraction of uranium(VI) with Aliquat 336 from HCl media in microfluidic devices: Combination of micro-unit operations and online ICP-MS determination" Talanta, 139, 123-131, (2015).
- Singh, S.L. Mishra, R. Vijayalakshmi, "Uraniumrecovery from phosphoric acid by solventextraction using a synergistic mixture of di-nonyl phenyl phosphoric acid and tri-n-butyl phosphate" Hydrometallurgy, 73, (1–2), 63-70, (2004).
- C.Q. Ladeira, C.A. Morais, “Uraniumrecovery from industrialeffluent by ionexchange-columnexperiments "Minerals Engineering, 18, 1337-1340, (2005).
- Tavakoli, H. Sepehrian, F. Semnani, M. Samadfam, "Recovery of uranium from UCFliquidwaste by anionexchangeresinCG-400: Breakthrough curves, elutionbehavior and modelingstudies" Annals of Nuclear Energy, 54, 149-153, (2013)
- Marczenko and M. Balcerzak: separation, preconcentration and Spectrophotometyin Inorganic Analysis. Analytical Spectroscopy Library,10,(2000), p. 446.
Copyright (c) 2017 Amr Hamdy Ali, Ahmed Atef Eliwa, Mohammed Sobbhy Hagag (Author)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Click here for more information on Copyright policy
Click here for more information on Licensing policy