Proportional Swivel Headlight and Foglight Mechanism
This paper describes the hardware of movable Headlight & Foglight system for vehicles. It has been found that the majority of accidents take place due to the invisibility of road at night & in fog. So, it becomes necessary that we get a clear vision during the night & in fog so as to avoid accidents. Therefore, the following research represents the rotation of headlight & foglight with the rotation of wheels. In this system used rack & pinion arrangement which give the drive to the optical axes on which headlight & foglight are mounted so when the links are moved with steering arm that gives predefined motion to headlight and foglight. Hence the light from the Headlight & Foglight focuses properly on the road, also while taking turn the driver coming from the opposite side can easily notice the upcoming vehicle & so the number of accidents is minimized. In this paper, we have defined a novel approach movement of foglight along with the headlight.
- Weifeng Wang, Qing Wu, “Control Model and Simulation for Adaptive Front light System of Vehicle on Curve Roads” 2008 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference,
- Shreyas S; Kirthanaa Raghuraman, "Adaptive Headlight System for accident prevention", 2014 International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology.
- Fengqun Guo, Hui Xiao; Shouzhi Tang, “Research of Modeling and Simulation on Adaptive Front-Lighting System for Corner Based on CCD” 25th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC) IEEE, (2013).
- B. Jiang, C.F. Cheung, S, “Design and fabrication of freeform reflector for automotive headlamp” 2nd International Conference on Power Electronics Systems and Applications: Hong Kong, p: 220-224, 12-14 November (2006).
- Vaishali D.Todkar, Mrs.M.R.Bachute, "Adaptive Front Light System", International Journal of Advanced Research (2016), Volume 4, Issue 5, pp:907-913.
- Guo Dong ; Wang Hongpei ; et al, "Study on adaptive front-lighting system of automobile based on microcontroller", Proceedings 2011 International Conference on Transportation, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering (TMEE).
- Manish Bonde; Kushal Sakure; et al, "Adaptive Front Light System Using ARM", International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research (IJIFR), Volume 2, Issue 7, pp: 2296- 2302.
- Sneh Parhad, “Development of Automotive Adaptive Front Lighting System,” Proceedings of IRF International Conference, ISBN: 978-93-82702-56-6, 5th & 6th February (2014), Pune India
- Jitender Malik; Kanika Booria, "Design of mechanical components of Steering controlled headlights". Project Report.
- Singh, P., Taneja, N., Sharma, A., and Gaurav, A., "Development of an Adaptive Steering Controlled Headlight for Low Cost Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2016-28-0174, 2016.
- Gadhave Yogesh V; Jadhav Chakradhar R; et al "Front Wheel Steering System with Movable Headlights" Vol-3 Issue-2. IJARIIE-ISSN(O)-2395-4396, 2017.
- Ajay R. Pawar; Shivraj S. Salekar; et al, "Design and Fabrication of Movable Headlight System". International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development, Volume 4, Issue 5, May -2017.
- Manisha V Makwana; Akshay Shah; et al, “Design and Manufacture of Movable Headlight System in Automobile”, International Journal of Innovative and Emerging Research in Engineering, vol 1, issue 2,pp 12-16, February 2014.
Copyright (c) 2018 Prit Devendrakumar Shah, Ajay Patel, Manan Desai
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Click here for more information on Copyright policy
Click here for more information on Licensing policy