Parameter Estimation of Spring-Damping System using Unconstrained Optimization by the Quasi-Newton Methods using Line Search Techniques
Optimization is the basic tools to study the behaviour of many complicated mechanical systems by having the knowledge of differential equations which determine the system. The basis of this paper was to present a method to estimate the parameters such as spring constant and damping coefficient of the spring damped system by unconstrained optimization using derivative methods Such as quasi-newton method by Broyden-Fletcher-Goldfarb-Shanno and davidon-Fletcher-Powell hessian updating method by using backtracking line search methods along with Armijo’s condition.it uses the output error approximation procedure. It shows the convergence of different methods which are used to estimate the parameters and how accurately they are measured.
- Becedas., G. Mamani., V. Feliu-Batlle and H. Sira-Ramírez, Algebraic Identification Method for Mass-Spring-Damper System, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2007.
- Alessandri, A., Baglietto, M., and Battistelli, G. (2008). Moving-horizon state estimation for nonlinear discretetime systems: New stability results and approximation schemes. Automatica, 44(7), 1753–1765.
- A. Lloyd and S. Kirac and G. Székely and M. Harders, Identification of Dynamic Mass Spring Parameters for Deformable Body Simulation, EUROGRAPHICS 2008.
- Mark Nagurka, Richard Marklin. Measurement of Stiffness and Damping Characteristics of Computer Keyboard Keys, Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control,
- Becedas, G. Mamani, V. Feliu-Batlle and H. Sira-Ramírez, Algebraic Identification Method for Mass-Spring-Damper System, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2007.
- Kohl, Identification of Parameters of Stiffness and Damping Based on the Amplitude Frequency Characteristics, Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016.
- Pesik, A. Skarolek, O. Kohl, Vibration Isolation Pneumatic System with a Throttle Valve, Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016.
- Francisco Beltrán Carbajal, Gerardo Silva Navarro and Luis Gerardo Trujillo Franco, ONLINE PARAMETRIC IDENTIFICATION OF MASS-SPRING-DAMPER MECHANICAL SYSTEMS USING ACCELERATION MEASUREMENTS, Pistas Educativas, No. 128 (SENIE 2017), febrero 2018.
Copyright (c) 2018 Dheeraj Kumar Namala, V Surendranath
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Click here for more information on Copyright policy
Click here for more information on Licensing policy