Analysis of the Weak Soil Behavior, Modified Through Cementation
The purpose of the study is to conduct thorough theoretical research and literature overview regarding possible ways of soil stabilization on the basis of this practice increasing demand. In particular an emphasis is made on the chemical technique for weak soils strengthening, due to its prevalence and various practical and economic advantages. Great amount of promiscuous data was analyzed and organized; in addition on its basis an attempt is made to provide convincing calculation technique for further usage in engineering soils` stabilization practice. Besides, various factors which could influence on the results` accuracy are identified with corresponding recommendations for further possible research on this issue.
- Petrenko, “Features of architectural planning and urban planning decisions of the design of buildings in a dense housing”, Visnyk of Lviv Polytechnic National University, Serie: Architecture.— Lviv: Vydavnytstvo Lvivskoi politekhniky, Vol. 2017., No 878, pages 141–148, Mar. 2017, URL: http://ena.lp.edu.ua:8080/handle/ntb/40943
- S. Navdeep, P. Shish, V.K. Sonthwal, “Soil Strengthening Using Waste Materials”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume:04, Issue:12, pages 1731-1740, Dec-2017.
- F. Winterkorn, S. Pamukcu,“Soil stabilization and Grouting”, Foundation Engineering Handbook, Springer, Boston, MA, pages 317-378, 1991.
- P.Makusa,”Soil stabilization methods and materials in engineering practice”, Department of Civil, Environmental and Natural resources engineering, Division of Mining and Geotechnical Engineering, Luleå University of Technology, Luleå, Sweden, pages 1-38, 2012. URL: https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:997144/FULLTEXT01.pdf
- R. Suppiah., S. Humairah, A. Rahman, N. Shafiq, S. Irawan, “Uniaxial compressive strength of geopolymer cement for oil well cement”, Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, pages 1-4, May 2019.
- Figmig, A. Estokova, “Study of temperature influence of cement and water on the fresh cement paste consistency”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering-549(2019)012031, June 2019.
- C.Hewlett, “Lea's Chemistry of Cement and Concrete”, Oxford: Elsevier Science&Technology Books, pages 300-650, November 2004.
- Kurdowski, “Cement and concrete chemistry”, (1st ed.), Springer, Dordrecht, Heidelbeg, New York, London, Vol.12, pages 1-699, Dec-2014.
- D. Sarno, E. Vitale , M.V. Nicotera, R. Papa, G. Russo, G. Urciuoli, “Lightweight Cemented Soils: Mix Design, Production and Control”, Geotechnical Research for Land Protection and Development. CNRIG 2019, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, edited by Calvetti F., Cotecchia F., Galli A., Jommi C., Springer, Cham, Volume: 40, pages 743-753, 2020.
- V. Lade, T. Niels “The role of cementation in the behavior of cemented soils”, Geotechnical Research, Volume 1 Issue 4, pages 111–132, 2014.
- Grachev, “Ukrainian maps”, online project, 2010-2018, available at URL: http://geomap.land.kiev.ua/soil.html (Accessed on 23d of August, 2019)
- DBN V.3.1.-1-2002-“Repair and reinforcement of load-bearing and enclosing building structures and foundations of industrial buildings and structures”, pages 1-85 Kyiv, 2002, URL:https://dbn.co.ua/load/normativy/dbn/1-1-0-220
- SNIP 2.02.01- “Buildings and structures` basements”– MF.GUPCPP, pages1-48, 2006 URl: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/5200033
- V. Kryvenko, K.K. Pushkaryova, V. B. Baranovsky, M.O. Kochevyh, Yu. G. Gasan, B.Ya. Konstantynivsky, V.O. Raksha, “Building material science”: textbook.-K: LLC. UPPK, “EksOb”, 2008, pages 425-457, URL: https://www.twirpx.com/file/1232990/
- I. Goc, “Concretes and mortars”: textbook- K: LLC. UPPK, K: KNUBA, 2003, page 472.
Copyright (c) 2019 Nadiia Kopiika, Yuriy Petrenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Click here for more information on Copyright policy
Click here for more information on Licensing policy